Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Portuguese Tarts

It’s Monday and I’ve got Monday blue as because I still have to come to office. I wish we can have 3 days weekend which will make life much better ( However that's only my wish which will never going to be come true LOL :D ). I was heading back home and Portuguese Tart just came to my mind which i read about the recipe when i was at the office on that day in Not Quite Nigella Blog. Then i decided to do my first Portuguese Tart which looks easy to me.

Portuguese Tarts Recipe

( Adapted From Not Quite Nigella)

Ingredients

3 egg yolks
140 gr Sugar
400 ml Milk
2 Tablespoon Corn Flour
2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
300 gr ready made puff pastry.

Method

1. Pre heat oven for 200 celcius and thaw the puff pastry.
2. Grease Muffin Tray with butter or oil spray
3. Mix egg yolks, sugar, milk, corn flour and vanilla extract in a pan. Combined well before heating in a medium heat.
4. Stir the mixture constantly and the mixture will be thickened after about 3-5 minutes. Turn off the heat and cover it with a plate or cling wrap to prevent the custard to form a skin.
5. rolled the puff pastry then divide the puff pastry into 12 X 1cm length round shape. Then use rolling pin to roll the pastry become round shape then put into the muffin tray.
6. Add the custard ontop of the pastry and bake it for 20 -25 minutes or until the custard has a brown colour as pictures. Leave the tart in the tray for about 5 minutes before put into wire rack to cool down completely.

Enjoy ^,^

No comments:

Post a Comment