Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pineapple Tart



Pineapple Tarts is the MUST HAVE cookies during Chinese New Year in every household who celebrating Chinese New Year in my hometown. My mom makes the best pineapple tart ever. Everytime when i am back to my hometown, i request my mom to make some for me to bring back to Sydney so i can have it in here. As Chinese New year comes this year , i decide to do my own Chinese New Year cookies which includes Pineapple tarts. I know there is a lot of things to do and wasting so much time to do few pineapple tarts but i think it's worthed to try and i am so pleased with the result for first timer. I spent 2 hours just to shape the tart however it looks nicer than just shape this into a small round ball. I recommend to do the pineapple jam one or 2 days in advance so that you can have the jam settled down.

Pineapple Jam Recipe

Ingredient:

2 Pineapple
1 small Cinnamon
Sugars

Method:

1. Shred pineapple into a big bowl and leave the pineapple juice as it is.
2. Cook it in a medium heat with cinnamon and stir constantly.
3. Cook it about the pineapple juice is almost dry then add the sugar as you preferred. I preferred to have a bit of the sour taste of the jam so i put less sugar.
4. Cook until the pineapple thicker and dry then cool it down. Make sure took out the cinnamon before put into container to store in the fridge.

Pineapple Tart Dough

Ingredients:

650 gr Plain flour
150 gr Icing Sugar
500 gr Margarin softened
150 gr Corn Flour
3 Egg yolks
1 Egg Yolks for finishing

Method:

1. Whisk Margarin and Icing Sugar until pale and creamy with electric mixer.
2. Add in the 3 Egg yolks.
3. Add the Corn flour and plain flour add whisk throughly.
4. Preheat Oven for 160 Degrees
5. Shape the dough in your palm then add the pineapple jam then fold the dough to cover the pineapple jam into little round ball.
6. Brush the egg yolks on top of the dough then bake it for about 25-30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment