Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pandan / Screwpine Sponge Cake ( Bolu Pandan)



Pandan / Screwpine  Sponge Cake is the most common sponge cake in my hometown. We usually have it for breakfast or snacks. My mum normally make this cake using the real pandan as because we grow pandan ourselves in backyard. However as because I don’t grow it in my own backyard and I am quiet lazy to do my own pandan juice therefore I am using pandan essence which you can buy in oriental shop. I have attached the photo of the pandan essence that i am using. I make this cake for my aunt which she has intolerance with dairy product. This cake ingredient is dairy free so i am making it for her.


Pandan / Screwpine  Sponge Cake ( Bolu Pandan)

Ingredient

1 Cup Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Coconut cream ( Do not shake the coconut cream) just get the top layer which the thicker part of the coconut cream.
1 Cup Self Raising Flour
1 table spoon of Pandan / Screwpine Essence ( See Notes)


Method:

1. Preheat oven for about 180 Degrees.
2. Greased the baking tray with Butter
3. Whisk Eggs until fluffy using electric mixer before adding sugar bit by bit and keeping whisking until pale.
4. Add the pandan Essence.
5. Alternatively adding coconut cream and plain flour until well mixed.
6. Pour the batter into the baking trays and bake for about 30 minutes
7. Cool in the baking trays before transfer it.

Notes : If you want to use pandan juice instead then blender the 3 leaves pandan with quarter cup of water. Leave the pandan juice for a while and you will have to layer in the pandan juice. The top layer is the one that we are going to use for the pandan sponge cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment